Wednesday 3 October 2012

Best Training Before University?

When I reflected upon my own experience while pursuing my studies at universities, I can imagine back all the hardships and challenges that a student must face in an entirely different environment. Most of the time I was left to solve problems on my own and trying best to be independent.

I was not prepared for it at all but as a young poor village boy, perhaps my earlier experience may have helped. My precious learning in determination and patience living as farmer, I completed my studies. 

I can now imagine some fresh students are like flying kite with a broken string! Although it may not be the same with everybody, I guess the foundation of many families nowadays are much stronger.  And leaving this comfort zone and protection, the result can be devastating sometimes if they take the wrong decision.     

A lot of people take this seriously to be better prepared. In other parts of the world people take gap semester before they go to the university. 



And exactly this is the reason these two young ladies from Scotland; Clea and Jenny are here with OBS for one year attachment. Both are only 17 years old but they are thousand of miles from home to search for new experience.   

By Benjamin Benedict 

No comments:

Post a Comment

School Holiday Programme 2014

Hello there! Malaysia's school holidays are coming up in 3 weeks time. Most of you may wonder what to do during the holidays. Why n...